An offer got mailed to me to open a Discover Checking account, so I decided to give it a try. I am currently using this account to pay all my online bills. This checking account is online only, includes free checks and a debit card. Withdrawals are free and reimbursed from any ATM. The biggest benefit is the 10 cents you get for every debit card purchase, online bill pay and check that you write. While this isn’t much, it’s still good for those times that I can only use online bill pay for such as paying for utilities such as gas or electricity, as well as paying off credit card bills. So on top of the points you earn for using your credit cards, you will get another 10 cents for paying off that credit card. There is also a promotion going on right now that will last until July, all debit card purchases will earn double rewards (20 cents).
If this isn’t a big enough incentive (which I admit is quite small), you can check out my other post about the best banking combo that I’ve come across. Both the Santander and Apple Bank offers are still available.
Also, the access to this checking account will be combined with your Discover credit card log in. If you have 2 Discover credit cards like I do, you will need to decide which account to link this checking account to. Reward redemption can either be transferred to your credit card or transferred to the checking account, but will need to be manually redeemed. There are no minimum redemption amount.
I haven’t updated on my Shiba Inu’s Barkbox for awhile. But Barkbox has sent me a special offer to my friends (lucky for you guys!), you get to try out Barkbox for FREE! Just follow this link and you will automatically get a free box or $29 off a longer subscription! Remember you will have to cancel the subscription after your first box to prevent being charged. Not sure when that expires, but if it does, you always get an additional free box with any subscription sign up here.
Curious on what I got for the last two months? My pup was heads over paws on the April box which was Fitness themed. Approx $37 value.
BarkBox – April 2015 Fitness Theme
- Fabdog Boxing Gloves $16- a super adorable squeaky plush toy! So cute and durable. My dog hasn’t stopped flinging it around and no issues with it for the whole month.
- JW Pet Muscle Man Cuz $5- I already own a few of these JW squeaky toys. Super durable and bouncy and not a chip on any of mine. One of them I’ve had for 2 years now, aside from it being a little dirty, a much better alternative than tennis balls.
- Nootie LLC Peanut Butter Pleasers $7 – Soft breakable treats that are perfect for training. Not sold elsewhere
- Green Bark Gummies Helath and Vitality $6 – Another yummy treat that my dog loves. But sounds like those neohealth products. CHIA seeds?!
- Etta Says Elk Chew $3 – These chews frequent the Barkbox subscriptions but my dog LOVES it and it’s always the first thing she tries to grab out of the box to run away with.